Here’s how much we spent for our last days in Penang
We were planning to stay in Penang until the end of our 3-month visa in Malaysia, which was November 7th. But an opportunity to work for 2 months in Myanmar showed up on October 6th while I was promoting our Marketing class for October 14th.
It all happened super fast!
As I’m writing this (October 17th), I’m here in Ngapali 🙂
Here’s the first sunset of our new adventure:
If it’s your first time reading one of my blog post, here’s a quick heads up:
My boyfriend, Davidson and I, left Paris on June 15th for a 6-month trip in Asia. We had enough savings until September. So yeah, it’s risky but we took the leap anyway.
So far, we’re not bankrupt yet!
- Indian food: 22,60MYR we ate at Kapitan Restoran
- Dinner: 11,50MYR we ate at CF food court
Total cost: 34,10MYR (8,53€)
- Fried chicken: 15MYR @CF food court
Total cost: 15MYR (3,75€)
- Lunch: 14,50MYR @ CF Food Court
- Indian food: 18MYR @ Mustapha Restoran
Total cost: 32,50MYR (8,13€)
- Grocery: 18,30MYR we bought eggs, bread and instant coffee
- 2 pork buns: 4MYR
- Cendol drink: 2,20MYR
- Wan tan noodles: 4,50MYR
- Coca-cola: 2,10MYR
Total cost: 31,10MYR (7,78€)
- Lunch: 14,50MYR @ CF food court
- Dinner at Deen Maju: 0 offered by a friend
- One way bus ticket from Penang to Kuala Lumpur: 38MYR Davidson couldn’t do a business visa on arrival, so he had to do his visa with an agency in Kuala Lumpur. I’ll talk more about that on a next article.
Total cost: 52,50MYR (13,13€)
- Flip flop: 16MYR on his way from KL Sentral to Everfine agency, Davidson broke his flip flop 😀
- Business visa for Myanmar: 203MYR
- Mcdonald’s: 15,50MYR
- Bus from KL to Penang: 38,50MYR
- Grab car: 16MYR Davidson overslept in the bus. So he had to grab a car to arrive at the hostel. At first he tried a taxi, but the driver said it was 45MYR! Even more expensive than a bus from KL to Penang. So he called a Grab car 🙂
Total cost: 297MYR (74,25€)
- 2 portion of chicken rice: 8MYR @ CF food court
- Grocery: 40,90MYR bought shampoo, soap, gel, snacks, batteries
- Laundry: 13MYR last laundry before heading to Myanmar
- Haircut: 30MYR @ Son’s & barber, best customer service for a haircut 🙂
- Grab car: 18MYR from Sim CityStay to Peaberry for our last Marketing class!
- Cake: 8,90MYR @ Peaberry cafe
- 2 burgers: 9MYR a stall just outside Peaberry
- Beers: 10MYR @ Antarabangsa, cheapest beer ever (in Penang ^^)
Total cost: 137,80MYR (34,45€)
Total cost for the week
Total cost: 600MYR (150€)
Average per day: 85,71MYR (21,43€)
The previous week we spent less than 200MYR. You can check the details here.