Hey, I’m Shyrwyn!
It all started on November 30th, 2015 when I left my corporate job. After 4.5 years working as an IT Project Manager in Paris, I realized that the IT career wasn’t for me. But if it didn’t suit me, what would, then?
That’s why, instead of finding a new job, I decided to have a break and travel in South America.
On December 6th, 2015 I flew for my first long-term solo trip (ever!) to an unknown country. Brazil. I gave myself 4 months to figure things out.
My plan was to have 4 months of “me time”
I would do whatever I wanted to do like:
- Riding a horse: check!
- Volunteering work: check!
- Spending New Year’s Eve in Rio: check!
- Visiting Machu Picchu: check!
- Going to a tango class in Argentina: check!
- Traveling to Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and Chile: 4 out of 5 check! 🙂
Yes I haven’t been to Bolivia because something unexpected happened…
I fell in love with a Brazilian
I wasn’t prepared for it, though. At first, I would hold myself back. I didn’t want to fall in love. I thought I wasn’t ready for a new relationship. But once I stopped resisting my feelings and accepted them, a new journey began for me.
- Feb 2016: We decided to work together on launching an online coaching business;
- Feb 2016: We hitchhiked 2000km in Brazil to arrive in Peru and visit the Machu Picchu;
- April-June 2016: We settle down 2 months in Portugal at his aunt’s in Armação de Pera;
- June 15th 2016: We started our 6-month trip in Asia;
- September 2016: We decided to give up on our online coaching business and focus on something else;
On this journey, filled with successes and failures, I learned a lot about myself and it makes me even more hungry for new challenges!
What will you find on this blog?
Since I was in Asia for 5 months, you’ll read essentially budget posts:
- Budget for August in Malaysia
- Budget for September in Malaysia
- Details of our budget for the first week of October
And from time to time, some travel diaries:
- Travel diary #1: The one where our trip to Penang didn’t work out as we planned
- Travel diary #2: The one with the 2 secret ingredients in Thai food
- Travel diary #3: The one where I lost my temper with a tuk tuk driver in Phnom Penh
- Travel diary #4: The one with Pablo on the road
- Travel diary #5: The one when we said goodbye to Thailand and the elephants
How to contact me?
You can shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org